Parent and Family Resources/ Recursos para los padres y familias
Hoagies ("all things gifted")
Southwest Gifted and Talented Community (SWGT) is a regional advocacy group for gifted students and families.
The Western Academic Talent Search (WATS) is an academic talent search program offering above-level testing (ie: SAT, ACT, and EXPLORE) for students in 3rd-9th grade.
Recursos en Espaňol:
(written by Del Siegle)
You have a right to:
- know about your giftedness.
- learn something new everyday.
- be passionate about your talent area without apologies.
- have an identity beyond your talent area.
- feel good about your accomplishments.
- make mistakes.
- seek guidance in the development of your talent.
- have multiple peer groups and a variety of friends.
- choose which of your talent areas you wish to pursue.
- not to be gifted at everything.